Lewandowski refuses to rule out playing against Barcelona at Camp Nou

first_img 29/04/2015 He also suffered concussion, as well as the breaks. CEST Bayern have not communicated on their press release when he will be able to play, but for Lewandowski to want be thinking about playing, with a double fracture, seems optimistic.  Miki Soria Despite suffering a broken jaw and nose, Robert Lewandowski is not ruling out playing for Bayern Munich at Camp Nou next week.center_img “It’s a few more days till the match at Camp Nou,” he wrote on his Twitter account. “I Really hope I will be able to play.”  Upd. at 15:47 The injury ocurred during Tuesday night’s penalty shootout defeat to Borussia Dortmund when the Polish striker clashed with Australian goalkeeper Mitchell Landerak. If he does miss out, Bayern will be missing six players for the first leg against Barça. Here is more information on the injury crisis haunting Pep Guardiola.last_img read more

Read More →

Manchester City’s plans for midfielder Yaya Toure

first_img Pol Ballus 10/07/2016 at 20:56 CEST The rumours that the player would leave grew afer Guardiola was named as manager. Dimitri Seluk, the player’s agent, said in January that “Guardiola is overrated” and that “even my grandmother would win titles with Barça and Bayern.” With those quotes, it looked like Toure’s time would be up under Guardiola, but even the Catalan coach himself has played down those suggestions. center_img Since last season ended, it’s been widely speculated that Yaya Toure would leave Manchester City. However, nothing has come to the fore so far and the Ivory Coast midfielder is training with Pep Guardiola’s side. The reality is that the club have no intention of forcing him out and he’ll only leave if a reasonable offer arrives.  Toure still has one more year on his contract at the Etihad Stadium and joined up with the squad for training earlier this week. Journalist Guillem Balague has claimed that the former Barça midfielder and Samir Nasri are taking part in double sessions to make sure they’re in top shape for the new season. Despite the noise, Toure is a member of City’s squad. And if an offer doesn’t arrive, that will remain the case.last_img read more

Read More →

Klopp revisits his player days amidst derby celebration, charged with misconduct

first_imgAdvertisement Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp apparently got a bit too over excited and was clearly unable to withhold his emotions after a bizarre Divock Origi goal past the stoppage time in Sunday’s Merseyside derby helped the Reds grab the three points in what can be called a grueling derby.Advertisement The German coach ran off onto the pitch and hugged goalkeeper Alisson in a fit of excitement after Divock Origi headed in the sole derby goal on Sunday at Anfield, and is now being charged by the Football Association (FA) for disrespecting the visiting opposition team whilst doing so. While Everton manager Marco Silva doesn’t mind it, the FA doesn’t look like they will take this lightly and have given Klopp an ultimatum to explain himself before 6:00 pm GMT.“I didn’t see Klopp’s reaction and if we scored that goal and had been so lucky I might have done the same,” said the Portuguese counterpart of Klopp. “I didn’t see any disrespect.”Advertisement Manchester City manager Pep Guardiola has defended his fellow manager saying he understands his situation very well, having done the same last year against Southampton, and that games can be very emotional at times but one has to be respectful of the opposition.However Klopp later apologized for his actions saying, “I didn’t want to be disrespectful – but I couldn’t stop myself. The plan was not to run. When I chose to stop, I was close to Alisson. He was surprised.”Advertisement The win over Everton puts Liverpool in second place behind leaders City with a deficit of a couple of points. Advertisementlast_img read more

Read More →

Jasprit Bumrah rested for Australia ODIs and New Zealand tour

first_imgAdvertisement rbenNBA Finals | Brooklyn Vst37Wingsuit rodeo📽Sindre Etx( IG: @_aubreyfisher @imraino ) 8imtWould you ever consider trying this?😱5yetwaCan your students do this? 🌚2l3xRoller skating! Powered by Firework India’s prime pacer Jasprit Bumrah has been rested for the three ODIs against Australia and the limited-overs series in New Zealand, the BCCI announced on Tuesday (January 8). Hyderabad-based pacer Mohammed Siraj has been included in the ODI squad while Siddarth Kaul has also been drafted into the squad for the three match T20I series against New Zealand.Advertisement Jasprit Bumrah finished as the leading wicket-taker for India with 21 scalps in the Test series against Australia.Bumrah bowled 157.1 overs in the four-Test series against Australia and picked 21 wickets at an average of 17. Ishant Sharma and Mohammed Shami too bowled over 100 overs with the latter clocking 136.4 overs. “Keeping in mind the work load of the bowler, it was best felt to give him adequate rest ahead of the home series against Australia. Mohammed Siraj will replace Bumrah in the squad for the Australia and New Zealand tour,” said the BCCI in a statement.Siraj picked up seven wickets in his last Ranji Trophy game against Punjab and showed good form in the three first-class games against New Zealand A in New Zealand as well. Kaul has ten wickets in his last two first-class games against Kerala and Hyderabad. He also picked up seven wickets in the three List A games against New Zealand A including a four-wicket haul in the final game of the three-match series.Advertisement The three-match ODI series begins in Sydney on 12 January. The second ODI will be played in Adelaide on 15 January before the tour ends in Melbourne on 18 January with the third match. The team will then travel to New Zealand for five ODIs from 23 January. READ:Advertisement Watch: Virat Kohli and Team India’s celebration after historic series win against Australia Advertisementlast_img read more

Read More →

South Korea break Indian hearts in Azlan Shah Cup final over penalty shootouts

first_imgAdvertisement 9e5avNBA Finals | Brooklyn Vsl7uWingsuit rodeo📽Sindre Eloxm( IG: @_aubreyfisher @imraino ) t1Would you ever consider trying this?😱iznkb1Can your students do this? 🌚oohv8Roller skating! Powered by Firework The Indian hockey team lost the Azlan Shah Cup final to South Korea in the penalty shootouts after the game ended 1-1 in regulation time. India had defeated Japan, Malaysia, Canada, and Poland with the draw against South Korea sandwiched between the victories being the only blemish in their impressive group stage run.Advertisement Indian hockey team failed to win the gold medal in the Azlan Shah Cup (Image Credits- TheBridge)The Men in Blue made their intentions clear from the opening whistle itself and got their due reward in the 9th minute when Simranjeet Singh put them ahead. South Korea tried to play on the counter but a resolute Indian defense denied them any goalscoring opportunity.As the second quarter started, it was all South Korea and India had to be content with doing their defensive duties. However, vice-captain Surender and goalkeeper Sreejesh ensured they wafer-thin lead was protected.Advertisement South Korea finally got their much-deserved equalizer just two minutes after the fourth quarter started as Jang-Jong Hyun converted a penalty corner. Both the sides threw in the kitchen sink in search of the winner but an equally dogged defensive unit took the game to the penalty shootouts.India’s poor form in the penalty shootouts continued as South Korea pipped them 4-2. This loss meant India had to wait for another year to clinch the Azlan Shah Cup gold after their last triumph came way back in 2009.Advertisement Advertisementlast_img read more

Read More →

IPL 2019- KXIP vs KKR: Kings XI bow out as KKR stay alive

first_imgImage Courtesy: Essentially SportsAdvertisement zvNBA Finals | Brooklyn Vsdq6Wingsuit rodeo📽Sindre E4o( IG: @_aubreyfisher @imraino ) 3sgz1lhWould you ever consider trying this?😱21ilCan your students do this? 🌚fwrRoller skating! Powered by Firework Kings XI Punjab endured a defeat in Mohali against the Kolkata Knight Riders to end their hopes of qualifying for the playoffs this season.Advertisement Image Courtesy: Essentially SportsRavichandran Ashwin’s trend to introduce changes into the lineup continued as he introduced Sam Curran and Andrew Tye. Dinesh Karthik opted to bowl first after winning the toss.KKR were off to the perfect start courtesy of newbie Sandeep Warrier who dismissed the explosive opening pair of KL Rahul and Chris Gayle in quick succession. The fragile middle order made a notable contribution with Nicholas Pooran standing out of the pack.Advertisement Despite the dip in the middle overs, Sam Curran flourished his way to his first IPL half-century. The youngster’s explosive knock of 55 off 24 steered KXIP to a total of 183-6.The run chase turned out to be smooth for the visitors with the Kings XI Punjab bowling attack lacking sting. Andrew Tye was taken to the cleaners by Chris Lynn who missed out on a fifty by four runs. Shubhman Gill, on the other hand, continued with his prolific run after being promoted to the top order The U-19 WC winner scored his third half-century in the four innings he has operated as an opener.Advertisement Dinesh Karthik played a cameo towards the end to clinch the two crucial points for KKR which keeps them alive in the tournament.Brief ScorecardKXIP 183-6 (20 overs) (S.Curran 55*; S.Warrier 2-31)KKR 185-3 (18 overs) (S.Gill 65*; M.Shami 1-15)Read Also:Cricket: Afghan fan makes a replica World Cup trophy with a twistMS Dhoni is India’s readymade no.4: Krishnamachari Srikkanth Advertisementlast_img read more

Read More →

Making amends? : James Anderson claims Ben Stokes tried to negotiate with umpires after…

first_imgImage Courtesy: CricTrackerAdvertisement 67j4neNBA Finals | Brooklyn VshiWingsuit rodeo📽Sindre Ecotov( IG: @_aubreyfisher @imraino ) mitWould you ever consider trying this?😱6vfCan your students do this? 🌚7p45Roller skating! Powered by Firework In one of World Cup’s most iconic moments, England got their way back in their pursuit of winning the World Cup by virtue of overthrows which ultimately became the talking point of the final. After the culmination of the encounter, James Anderson shed some light behind the incident.Advertisement Image Courtesy: CricTrackerEngland fast bowler James Anderson has come up with a surprising revelation on the finals of the recently concluded World Cup. The pacer claimed that Ben Stokes attempted to take away the four overthrows which resulted after a throw from the deep hit the bat of Ben Stokes who was making his way into the crease.The all-rounder apparently had a chat with the umpires in order to take away those runs and overturn their decision. But the umpires had already made up their mind regarding the incident and opted to award England a total of six runs.Advertisement The saga intensified after it came into light that England should have only been awarded 5 runs instead of 6 as Stokes did not cross the pitch during the moment the throw was thrown.During a podcast with BBC, James Anderson who had his say regarding the matter. He said:Advertisement “The etiquette in cricket is if the ball is thrown at the stumps and it hits you and goes into a gap in the field you don’t run. But if it goes to the boundary, in the rules it’s four and you can’t do anything about it,” Anderson told the BBC’s Tailenders podcast. “I think, talking to Michael Vaughan who saw him (Stokes) after the game, Ben Stokes actually went to the umpires and said, ‘Can you take that four runs off. We don’t want it’. But it’s in the rules and that’s the way it is,”Read Also:Trevor Bayliss and Brendon McCullum to rejoin Kolkata Knight Riders. ICC breaks silence over World Cup final overthrow incident  Advertisementlast_img read more

Read More →

Barça are looking to sell Emerson as his agent meets with Milan

first_imgEmerson Royal, who FC Barcelona signed in the 2019 January transfer window in a deal involving Real Betis, could be moving to AC Milan. The right back’s agents have already met with representatives of the Serie A giants. 24/07/2020 Los agentes de Emerson se reúnen con el Milan CEST RELATED STORIES Despite interest from Germany and England, it appears Milan are in pole position to wrap up a deal worth around €30m. Sport EN If a deal is completed for around €30m than Barça would stand to make a profit of €15m after paying Betis what they are owed.center_img Upd. at 17:34 Barça calm over Lautaro: He wants to join and won’t sign new deal at Inter Emerson was bought as a joint-venture with Betis for €12m. The plan was for the Brazilian to spend two months on loan with Betis before Barça brought him to the Camp Nou for €6m.  IN SPORT.ES The initial meeting lasted an hour and a half. Photos of Graziano Battistini and Sebastiano Salaroli, representing ‘Promosport’, were captured by ‘MilanNewsit’. Gazzetta: Lionel Messi could joiin Inter Milan for the 2021/22 seasonlast_img read more

Read More →

Toughest game… first up!

first_imgBy JARROD POTTER THE South East Junior’s female football ranks will be well represented wtihin Victoria Metro at the upcoming…[To read the rest of this story Subscribe or Login to the Gazette Access Pass] Thanks for reading the Pakenham Berwick Gazette. Subscribe or Login to read the rest of this content with the Gazette Digital Access Pass subscription.last_img

Read More →

Hunters down Pumas

first_imgBy JARROD POTTER SUNDAY was not a fun day for Pakenham Pumas Baseball Club in its inaugural Victorian Summer Baseball…[To read the rest of this story Subscribe or Login to the Gazette Access Pass] Thanks for reading the Pakenham Berwick Gazette. Subscribe or Login to read the rest of this content with the Gazette Digital Access Pass subscription.last_img

Read More →